BSD, C, httpd, SQLite.
BCHS (pronounced /biːtʃəz/, beaches) is for real development. It's a hipster-free, open source software stack for web applications. To prepare a BCHS environment, install OpenBSD. Then get started.
Don't care for talk? See an easy example. Or read/watch articles…
- Secure CGI Applications in C on BSD (AsiaBSDCon, 2016/03)
- Using JSON with BCHS (2016/10)
- BCHS sandboxing with pledge (2016/11)
- Secure CGI (AsiaBSDCon, 2017/03)
- Rapid web applications with kwebapp (2017/05)
- Split-process ksql (2017/07)
- (EuroBSDCon short answer, 2017/09)
Is BCHS a joke? No. Software development is full of jokes. This is not one of them.